MARKETPLACE’s one-on-one buyer meetings provide suppliers with a unique opportunity to meet with a wide variety of federal, state, local government and corporate buyers
Buyer Meetings 2019:
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019
Inside the Expo Hall
9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:30-4 p.m.
Information for participating suppliers
Businesses should come well prepared for their meetings. Buyers will expect you to have done your “homework” on their agency or corporation, as well as have available:
- Business cards with complete contact information
- A one-page capabilities statement
- A short one-minute or less introduction or “pitch” to open the conversation
Paid registration to MARKETPLACE is required to participate in the buyer meetings. A list of confirmed buyers will be available closer to the MARKETPLACE event.
Information for participating buyers
MARKETPLACE’s one-on-one buyer meetings are a popular offering. These meetings are an opportunity for minority-owned, woman-owned and disabled veteran-owned businesses to both introduce themselves to government and corporate buyers or to continue existing relationships with buyers.
In addition, business owners can learn about current and upcoming opportunities, as well as aspects of the contracting process and associated requirements specific to each buyer.
Notes for buyers
- Procurement professionals, supplier diversity managers and buyers who will be participating in the Buyer Meetings can register for MARKETPLACE at no cost for one or both days.
- A skirted table and chairs are provided. No booth displays are required. Handouts and a small tabletop display may be helpful in your discussions with suppliers.
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute is organizing the Buyer Meetings.